Here’s the question for this month: What if you felt so energized and vibrant that you not only felt motivated to exercise, but could perform with the strength, endurance and intensity that you’ve always dreamed of?
It’s time to make that dream a reality…and it’s easier than you think! Here are a few simple and effective tools to break through to peak performance in your health and your life.
Ironically, when we are trying to get ahead, we deprive ourselves of the one thing we need more than anything to be strong, sharp, and creative: SLEEP! Sleep is the time that your body uses to restore its energy, do repair work, and to build cells, tissues and muscles. Without proper sleep, your body is running on half empty, which disrupts all functions of the body and most importantly prevents you from feeling the way you want to feel. The University of Harvard notes the following six reasons why proper sleep is so critical to our health and performance:
- Learning and memory: Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory through a process called memory consolidation. In studies, people who’d slept after learning a task did better on tests later.
- Metabolism and weight: Chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies process and store carbohydrates, and by altering levels of hormones that affect our appetite.
- Safety: Sleep debt contributes to a greater tendency to fall asleep during the daytime. These lapses may cause falls and mistakes such as medical errors, air traffic mishaps, and road accidents.
- Mood: Sleep loss may result in irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate, and moodiness. Too little sleep can also leave you too tired to do the things you like to do.
- Cardiovascular health: Serious sleep disorders have been linked to imbalances in hormone levels and cardiovascular issues.
- Immunity: Sleep deprivation alters immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells.
So now that we know all of the reasons why we need to get more and better sleep, how are we going to do it?
Tulsi Sleep Tea
Tulsi Sleep Tea is a simple and effective way to improve a night’s rest. This tea contains two sacred varieties of Tulsi: Krishna and Vana. Tulsi is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body to relax and calm down. It calms the nervous system, and relieves stress from the adrenal glands so that your body can ease into a state of rest.
The Tulsi is then blended with the anti-stress healing herbs Brahmi, Ashwagandha and Shankpushpi. These three herbs also provide restorative energy, helping you to feel more vital and alert in the morning. And the final herbs that are used in Tulsi Sleep Tea are Chamomile, Cardamom and Peppermint. These three herbs are very soothing and the best news is that they taste good too! Try sipping on a warm cup of Tulsi Sleep Tea an hour before you are ready to fall asleep. The sheer process of making tea and then enjoying the warmth of drinking it has been shown in studies to relax the body. Add to it these effective herbs and you have a lullabye in a mug.
Now that you are rested, what else can you do to improve your physical performance?
And if you have gotten this far in the page and you haven’t been able to concentrate due to sleep deprivation…no worries. Here’s a little summary for you…
To enhance your energy and peak performance, give these 3 things a try
Big Hugs of Health & Happiness,
Dr. Christy Garner