It is a couple weeks into the new year, and many of us are inspired to improve upon different aspects of our lives. There is a desire to feel rejuvenated from the inside out, and to gain more insight into the things we want in life. One of the easiest ways to do access this clarity is to participate in a detox or a cleanse! But detoxing can reach far beyond the foods you eat and the beverages you drink. In addition to switching up your diet, it's equally important to mentally cleanse. Here are seven easy tips to help you make 2017 the best year yet.
1. Love your Liver – Whether you are partaking in a juice cleanse or simply switching up your diet, it’s important to support your liver while detoxing. That’s because the liver is one of the vital organs responsible for helping your body eliminate toxins. Try taking ORGANIC INDIA Liver Kidney Formula, made up of a blend of 3 powerful Ayurvedic herbs: Bhumyamalaki, Katuki, and Punarnava. This blend works wonderfully together to help support healthy liver and kidney function.
2. Donate – Cleansing and detoxing goes far beyond the limits of your body! Have you ever noticed how good you feel when you clean up and organize your home? Spend an afternoon going through your drawers, cupboards, and closets with the intention of removing items that you don’t use. Donate them to a local non-profit, good will, or homeless shelter. You will feel lighter and will simultaneously be giving back to those in need.
3. Sip Tulsi Cleanse Tea – Take some time out of your day for a simple cup of hot tea. Not only is tea a wonderful way to cleanse your body, it can be a relaxing way to rejuvenate your spirit. ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Cleanse tea can support your detox program by offering your body beneficial herbs like ginger, tulsi, and turmeric. This blend also works to support healthy detoxification to optimize liver and kidney function. Best of all? ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Cleanse tea acts as a powerful adaptogen, helping to balance out your mind, body, and spirit.
4. Practice Mindful Meditation – Did you know that studies have linked meditation to helping promote creativity, improve memory function, stress-relief, and even increased levels of attention? If your detox is leaving you feeling sluggish with brain fog, dedicate at least five minutes to meditating every day. Find a quiet spot to sit and take into account your posture, breathing, and the thoughts that enter your mind. Start with the simplicity of your breath going in and out, and let your thoughts pass through you swiftly. Make meditation a ritual in which you unplug and unwind from the hectic new year.
5. Feel the Joy! – Focus on feeling fabulous in 2017! Aside from nurturing mind and body in the ways we have mentioned, another easy way to do lift your spirits is to try ORGANIC INDIA Joy! Supplement. Joy! Has been shown to uplift your mood, boost energy levels in the body, promote vitality, and reduce emotional tension. It can also aid in relieving stress while restoring you to a natural state of peace and happiness. Who doesn’t want that? Stop stressing over your detox program and let a little joy into your life.
6. Learn to say “No” – This one can be tricky for most people. Perhaps a family member asked you for a favor that you simply do not have the time to for. Maybe a coworker is silently slipping extra work onto your desk. Make 2017 the year where you let your voice be heard. If there is something you don’t want to do, don’t be afraid to say no! Setting unrealistic standards and expectations for yourself is not only stressful, it’s exhausting and debilitating to the mind, body, and spirit. Set healthy boundaries with others and only say yes to things that resonate with you.
7. Start Journaling – Is your mind filled with thoughts? Do you need a safe place to express your feelings? Writing is the most accessible, easy way to express our inner worlds, outward. Pick up a pen and start jotting down anything and everything in a journal! The simple act of journaling can be quite cleansing in it of itself. In fact, journaling has been shown to remove mental blocks while allowing you to utilize all of your brain power. In turn, you gain more clarity and insight as you move through 2017. Want to take it a step further? Focus on gratitude journaling.