Summer keeps us in motion. The weather’s pleasant, travel is more common, and events are at an all time high. In the midst summer's busy schedule, it is easy to compromise our healthy lifestyle.
Even when in a rush or on the go, smoothies can be a great breakfast or snack to ensure at least one healthy, high vibrational meal. Smoothies are more than just fruit and milk. There are so many options of healthy ingredients to add into smoothies these days. Some examples are; chia seeds, cacao, superfood greens, protein powder, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, goji berries, flax seeds, the list goes on and on.
While many of these ingredients add flavor and antioxidants, one important factor that every regular smoothie-maker knows to keep consistent is a good source of fiber. We need fiber for just about every body system to work properly. Fiber is crucial for a healthy diet and can be especially important when traveling or on the go; when we can’t ‘rest and digest’, we often become constipated.
Not all fiber products are created equal!
When seeking a natural source of fiber, make sure it is organic, non-GMO, and ethically sourced. If you are using a fiber product to detox or help with regular elimination, you don’t want it to be filled with chemicals and additives.
This smoothie recipe was made with ORGANIC INDIA’s Organic Whole Husk Psyllium. This psyllium is naturally and ethically sourced, and has no hidden ingredients. Adding a tablespoon to your daily diet will help you meet your daily fiber goals.
Summertime Smoothie: Psyllium Raspberry Peach
For the base:
- Brew 3 bags of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Raspberry Peach tea in 1 cup hot water; let steep.
- Once room temp., mix with 1 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk.
For the smoothie:
- Fill blender with enough ice for 1 serving
- Add 1 chopped banana, ½ cup fresh pears, and ½ cup peaches to blender
- Pour base liquid over ingredients
- While blending, stir in 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium OR 1 packet ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Lift
- Top with fresh raspberries, coconut flakes, and enjoy!