Almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk; you may be familiar with these dairy-alternative beverages, but have you ever tried to make your own?
Nut milk is a delight to make! I absolutely love making fresh almond milk in the blender. Almonds have tons of health benefits, vitamin E and antioxidants nourish healthy, radiant skin and vitamin A improves vision. One serving gives you 30% of the daily requirement of calcium!
Some store bough almond milk can contain questionable additives like carrageenans (thickening agent), so I love making my own fresh almond milk. It's super simple, and adding ORGANIC INDIA's Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea instead of water alone adds a splash of indulgence to this simple recipe!
Serve it up warm for a delicious winter beverage, or add it to your favorite oats or chia seed pudding recipes.
Tulsi Rose Almond Milk
• 1 cup raw organic sprouted almonds - soaked at least 12 hours to reduce the level of phytates and increase the beneficial enzymes in the almonds
• 4 cups pure filtered water
• 4 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea bags
• Dates, honey or stevia (optional)
1. Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure water with ½ tsp sea salt. This is an important step as it breaks down the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors and cultures beneficial enzymes in the almonds.
2. Bring filtered water to a boil and pour over the Tulsi Sweet Rose tea. Allow the tea to steep and cool to warm or room temp.
3. Rinse almonds well before mixing with Tulsi Sweet Rose tea in a blender or Vitamix.
4. Blend several minutes until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour through a nut milk bag (or cheese cloth or thin kitchen towel) over a large bowl. Squeeze thoroughly to strain out all the liquid.
6. If adding sweetener, put mixture back into blender with soaked dates, or other sweetener.
7. Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to one week. Shake well before drinking.
About the Author
Kiki Federico is a women's conscious leadership coach + consultant based in San Francisco, CA. She believes that empowering women and unlocking their creative potential is key to creating a more equitable, peaceful and sustainable future. Her work centers around creating experiences for women to come together, grow their confidence and embody their power to lead.
If you are a woman craving a deeper sense of purpose or want to learn how to elevate the women at your company, check out her website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.