It is a couple of weeks into the new year, and many of us are inspired to improve upon different aspects of our lives. There is a desire to feel rejuvenated from the inside out, to put more effort into our our lives and ultimately reap the benefits of doing so.
A popular way to refresh is to partake in a physical cleanse, but detoxing can reach far beyond the foods you eat and the beverages you drink - It's equally important to mentally cleanse!
Here are seven easy tips to help you make 2018 the best year yet.
1. Love your Liver – Whether you are partaking in a juice cleanse or simply switching up your diet, it’s important to support your liver while detoxing. Why? Because the liver is one of the most vital organs responsible for helping your body eliminate toxins. ORGANIC INDIA's Liver Kidney Formula is made up of a blend of 3 powerful Ayurvedic herbs: Bhumyamalaki, Katuki, and Punarnava. This blend works wonderfully together to help support healthy liver and kidney function.
2. Donate – It feels great to clean up and organize your home, and it also feels great to purge! Spend an afternoon going through your drawers, cupboards, and closets with the intention of removing items that you don’t use. Donate them to a local non-profit, good will, or homeless shelter. You will feel lighter and will simultaneously be giving back to those in need.
3. Sip some Tulsi Tea – Take some time out of your day for a simple cup of hot tea. Not only is tea a wonderful way to cleanse your body, it can be a relaxing way to rejuvenate your spirit. ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Tea is naturally detoxifying, stress-relieving, and mood uplifting. Specifically, the Tulsi Cleanse Tea helps support a detox regimen by offering the body beneficial herbs like ginger, katuki, and turmeric. This blend also works to support healthy detoxification to optimize liver and kidney function. Best of all? Due to the sacred and beautiful herb, tulsi, all of ORGANIC INDIA's Tulsi Teas act as adaptogens, helping to balance out your mind, body, and spirit.
4. Practice Mindful Meditation – It's no secret that meditation helps us relax, but did you know that recent studies are linking meditation to higher levels of creativity, memory function, and attention span? If your daily life is leaving you feeling sluggish with brain fog, try dedicating at least five minutes to meditating every day. Find a quiet spot to sit and take into account your posture, your breath, and the thoughts that enter your mind. Start with the simplicity of your breath going in and out, and let your thoughts pass through you swiftly. Make meditation a ritual in which you unplug and unwind from the hectic new year. If you don't know where to start, try this guided meditation and body scan for relaxation!
5. Feel the Joy! – Focus on feeling fabulous in 2018! Lift your spirits via whole herb supplement blends like ORGANIC INDIA's Joy! Formula. Joy! Formula contains a blend of nourishing herbs to uplift mood, boost energy levels in the body, promote vitality, and reduce emotional tension. It can also aid in relieving stress while restoring you to a natural state of peace and happiness. Who doesn’t want that? Stop stressing over the pressure of the new year and let a little joy into your life!
6. Learn to say "No" – This one can be tricky for most people. Perhaps a family member asked you for a favor that you simply do not have the time to for. Maybe a coworker is silently slipping extra work onto your desk, or you are hesitant to communicate your needs in a relationship. Make 2018 the year where you let your voice be heard! If there is something you don’t want to do, don’t be afraid to say no! Setting unrealistic standards and expectations for yourself is not only stressful, it’s exhausting and debilitating to the mind, body, and spirit. Set healthy boundaries with others and only say yes to things that resonate with you.
7. Start Journaling – All of our minds need a break sometimes! Writing is the most accessible, easy way to express our inner worlds, outward. Pick up a pen and start jotting down anything and everything in a journal! Journaling is a fool-proof safe space for self-expression.The simple act of journaling can be cathartic and cleansing. n fact, journaling has been shown to remove mental blocks while allowing you to utilize all of your brain power. In turn, you gain more clarity and insight as you move through life. Want to take it a step further? Focus on gratitude journaling.